Juggling act

Hey Readers, I'm still alive. I promise.
So I'm sitting tonight to write a blog because, having checked, I haven't written anything for 3 weeks and I'm not sure when I'll next have the time!  Technically I'm working as I'm staying with this lovely pair.

The past few weeks have been a blur.  It's been one hell of a juggling act but it's been brilliant. I've just read through my previous blog, and it feels like so long ago because so much has gone on.  My last post concluded with the a full day clinic on a sunny Sunday in May.... (I can't believe it's June).

The following week flew by with  Cats to visit, Normal livery at the yard, Riding, Lessons, Buddy's Jabs, Dog walking, Kayaking,  Family BBQ, and the Bike Jam. The mixture of work my self employment brings. I had intended to blog but... no excuses.... I just didn't prioitise it over having so much fun!




The week after that I had a day out at the show, more lessons, dog walks, house visits and livery, a friend came to visit, an evening at the Comedy Club, a party in the park, a big day kayaking (my first river run on the Dee), and our planning meeting for the Alps.
The Alps is less than 3 weeks away.... I'm not well prepared...

Then another week where I probably could have written something but taking time to rest in between lessons and livery, the car MOT, a weekend away with Keith and kids, a paddle course in wales (second river run on a different section of the Dee), and a trip to gloucester for new kayak kit... well, it didn't get done. 

Which brings us to this week. And as with previous blogs it's a late evening by my laptop.  In the last few days I've started packing for the Alps.  With my paddling starting to feel a little easier on the nerves, I'm really excited about this trip but I'm so busy I've hardly prepared, so Monday I got well underway with sorting out what I need.  It had to be Monday because I didn't see it fitting anywhere else. Tuesday was my first day with the lovely Bertie and Honey (as above) so I also had to pack for that.  With a few extra jobs to do with Buddy, as well as Riding, around my regular lesson and some necessary admin, I even managed a nice evening watching a film with Keith.... although I did have to re arrange a little sleep for that. 😆

Today has been a beautiful sunny day and it's been non stop for me. After starting the day with dogs, I spent a bit of time with them over breakfast in the garden, I went over to the yard to see to the horses and get some extra jobs done with Buddy.  I had an appointment at 11 to work with Sandy and the Donkeys doing some long reining.  I've never long reined 2 donkeys before but we had them walking nicely side by side, and we each had them working as a pair by the end of the hour.  I also stopped a little longer to chat about their upcoming holiday and the details for looking after the pets.  I then stopped by at home again to do some admin, quickly out for a personal appointment, and then back to check in on the dogs I'm with now.  I grabbed a bite to eat there and then back over to the yard again, liveries done and Buddy lunged, an extra job or two out of the way and back to dinner (or lack there of).  A freind also stopped by for a coffee and a chat so not all work work work 😉

I've had a look at my upcoming two weeks and they promise to be even more jam packed and full of fun, but I will need to be better with organising my time to make sure everything is ready before my the adventures in the Alps begin.  Including some less fun times behind the laptop doing the paperwork which comes with the end of the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...