2017 things start to get moving

A little over ¼ of the way in to 2017 and it’s already been a jam packed year.

It’s been a rollercoaster in all areas of my life, and it’s a rollercoaster I just can’t get enough of!


Towards the end of 2017 I had started making some progress on my posture and the ‘aches and pains’ I have been struggling with for a while. The doctor agreed that as a 28 year old female I should be able to touch my toes without a problem, and shouldn’t have the issues that I do. So I’ve been attending Ki-Hara Stretch classes, seeing chiropractors, physios and podiatrists, and even had a few sessions of acupuncture. It feels like it’s really slow going but I’ve made improvements. I can now reach my toes on more days than not and my migraines are becoming less frequent...

I had also been visiting a life coach towards the end of the year and had a few more sessions in the early part of 2017. This has made a tremendous difference. I’ve learnt a lot about myself and how much I hold myself back by being too hard on myself and worrying too much on the endless negative possibilities of every situation. I’ve been gradually aiming to practice what I preach, and be the positive go getter I know I can be! I even went to a few meditation groups to help me settle my mind and find the peace I needed to look inward to really know who it is I want to be! It’s so easy in life to get so caught up in the day to day, and lose sight of what really matters.

I’ve been able to catch up with a number of my good friends in the last few months. Some of whom I haven’t seen for a few years. We’ve kept in touch with messages but taking the time to have a coffee/tea, have a walk through the fields, or eat pizza on a bench in a town you’ve never visited before, with someone who you connect with, really is one of those small things in life to be cherished and sought out as much as possible.

One of those ‘catch ups’ has lead to lighting the spark of a new relationship. It came as a bit of a surprise at the time, but looking back perhaps I shouldn’t have been so shocked. It’s still early days of course (the critic in me wanting to keep the walls in place and telling me it’s all too good to be true) but I’m enjoying having someone with me on my life’s adventures, being part of their adventure, and having a few joint adventures to boot!

Those adventures have included dusting off my climbing gear and getting back on the walls. Not only have I got back to feeling comfortable climbing, I’ve managed to make some improvements putting my new found body awareness in to practice. (I’ve been working on body awareness in my horse riding over the last 2 years and have found it has been a transferable skill in a number of things I do!)

I’ve also got back on the water in a kayak (I’m actually amazed – If anyone had told me last year that I’d be getting in to a kayak of my own free will this year, I’d have scoffed) Not only that I’ve actually signed up to a two week group kayaking trip in the Alps in the summer, so I’m not just bumbling about, I’m going head on and looking to learn as much as I can in just a few months. It’s a big challenge and it’s going to be a steep learning curve, but I’m giving it all I’ve got.

Business wise I’ve had a great kick start to the year. Getting my website up and running has been the most notable for me. It may be a small step in the grand scheme of things but for me getting a public face on it, out in the World Wide Web felt like a big deal. I’d procrastinated over it a long time, not wanting to move forward because I felt I didn’t know enough about websites, and computers to make it worthwhile. Just excuses really covering up the fear. What will people think? Will it look any good? Will it take forever to set up? Am I good enough to have a website?

Well once I set myself a plan, and got on with giving it a go, it wasn’t so scary after all! I’m super pleased with how it looks and works and keep popping back to it to keep it updated as much as possible. There are a couple of things I’d like to add to it in the future but for now I’m feeling accomplished! (You can check it out here www.ljmequine.co.uk)


And now to my grand passion; equestrianism. The last couple of months have been a little frustrating for my personal riding. Having recently moved yards my horse (Buddy) is quite unsettled and has been giving me a real challenge to my patience. After a rather dramatic refusal to load coming back from a show jump clinic, then the onslaught of winter with short days and a bumper amount of work, combined with then riding another horse to take to the remaining clinics I had booked, time has been very short to be riding/working with my boy. The light nights and work slowing down has started to see me ride a little more, and I’ve booked to hire a lorry for some loading practice next week so I will start to see if I can get to the bottom of what caused the dramatic resistance all those months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...