A good night kiss after a long couple of days

Surprisingly after the swim, I didn't feel too bad on Thursday, managed to get Buddy about halfway round the block on a walk (in hand) in the morning, a catch up with a friend while picking up a key for this weekends dog/cat/chicken/fish visits, a mini zoo to check on and care for. In the afternoon I had my last session of acupuncture and this time I really felt one of the needles, which left me with a bit of a headache.

The evening was then the first committee meeting for the new committee (including me now) of the wyre forest canoe club.  A productive meeting by all accounts and it is looking like a busy year ahead with a number of club trips being penciled in for the summer and discussions about new kit and training for members and so on. 

By the time we were finished I was quite tired but I joined Keith for a glass of wine at home.  Already feeling a bit worse for wear after the acupuncture, this was a mistake as I've then spent the majority of Friday feeling rather rough, fighting a headache and back ache.  After sorting liveries and taking Buds for another walk, this time very successfully and calmly going all the way round the block,  and spending a few minutes saying Hi to the donkeys over the fence, I had a few hours to spare before a busy afternoon. I had hoped to be productive with these hours but opted for a nap to see if I could shift the headache. 

Unfortunately, I felt worse after the nap but decided to load up on painkillers, do some stretching and soldier on.

I then had a lesson which we decided to take the horse for a hack to boost the riders confidence, meaning another walk for me, back to liveries for the afternoon, and straight on to another lesson, this time me leading a pony out with the rider hacking. Plenty of exercise for me today already!

Not content with that, and determined not to miss another Friday river session in a row, I went on to the canoe club, via the mini zoo, to get in some evening paddling.  Having arrived feeling like the walking dead, I was glad to note that the session wasn't too busy,  and we were heading down river to clear some debris from a little play spot.  Keith had come along with Lewis too and they joined the group in an open boat.  Lewis chatting away on the paddle downstream kept me a little distracted which meant I wasn't worrying too much about the paddling. 😎 

Debris cleared and a little play on the now cleared spot,  the group headed back to base.  Again Lewis chattering and playing around 'crashing' the boats to entertain him a little helped me just paddle without thinking too hard, and we were back before I knew it.  Getting out of the kayak was not graceful at all, I was definitely tired and I'm glad the session hadn't been anymore strenuous or I might not have made it out at all. 

Later while Keith was sorting some food Lewis was showing me his games and held his arms out to be picked up.  So of course I picked him up and then he planted a kiss on my cheek.  Really made my day, and for a moment I forgot all about my aches and the plans for tomorrow. 😊

Now that Lewis has gone to bed though, my mind is back to thinking over the plans for the day ahead, which I have been trying to avoid thinking about since it was suggested on Wednesday..... 

We are going to the Tryweryn... 

The river that had me out all those years ago, that prompted the sale of my boat (to Keith no less, and he got beat up in the same place with it too), and the reason I gave up on kayaking back then.  

Needless to say I'm far from excited, but we have our kit ready, I've got my travel bands so the long drive over doesn't make me sick before I get there, there is a strong group going with us, and I'm now paddling a much more suitable boat.... 

Watch this space for my next blog and I'll tell you how it all goes! Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...