Make it a good one

In many ways this week has been pretty average. No massive break throughs, no fear fighting escapdes, no big splash or giant leap.  The 'normal' day to day.

 ๐ŸŽถOn the road again.... 
This average week has bought about a change in Buddy's behaviour after I amended his diet (My barefoot trimmer reminded me about the importance of salt in the horses diet -you can read the article she sent me - here).  So we've been out on a few hacks (Including this one on Strava) and played in the school with some jumps and gymkhana exercises. (Sorry about the picture quality, there was a smudge on the screen)


 On the way home ☺

Reach and relax 


Love that tail flick! ๐Ÿ’“

 skinny filler 



Gymkana flags for the first time
I've also had a fairly full week workwise, all students making progress with one thing or another. Fiona finding the pace within the pace, and starting to feel for the 'flow of energy' between her and Jazz.  Collette riding Oz, getting some nice work from him, even though he is very different from her normal ride, Cheeko. And today Hannah took Ciscero out on his first hack under saddle, with me leading Prince, and it was a positive experience for them both. 

I've been fairly organised with my diary and have well over 6 weeks planned in advance... right up to my holiday infact.  The Alps trip I've been working towards with my Kayaking.  I haven't looked forward to a 'normal' holiday in a very long time, and I'm really excited about this one.  (Normal being not specifically involving horses in anyway, work or pleasure).

I'm house sitting so getting a little extra exercise by walking the dogs, and taking care of them, also perhaps more early nights than I get when I'm not sitting, and getting a little bit of me time in the house.
Oh yeah, working and at the pub ๐Ÿ‘

Friday night river session with the club, I had a swim from trying to do better with high brace practice.  I guess at least I was pushing my boudaries a little.  The river severn going up your nose isn't that pleasant, however I got to try a deep water rescue, then did a T rescue, and again was part of anothers triumph, with Hannah rolling in a play boat on the river.


 An afternoon with Keith and the kids at the stables.  Kaitlin and Lewis both had a ride and I think they enjoyed it, I did a little work steering without reins, which I don't practice often enough.  Followed by pub dinner, eating in the out, with the sun having come out to play.

I've still got a sunday left....

We've had rainy days, my car has thrown up a light on the dash again, I've got a vet bill on the way in a few weeks and I've been a little poorly (no details required here) but, and that's a big BUT; every sinlge day, I've had so much to smile about, none of these things or any other little annoyances, have made any difference.  It may not be the easy road I'm on, but it sure feels right.

If you count your earnings as your level of success, this week has not been a successful week.  But if you count experiences, you can look for and find those experiences in your every day life, even in, what is on paper, a very mundane week; you, like me, are blessed.

You are living the life you create.  Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...