Planning

So, the car died.

That meant Sunday was mostly spent getting my car back on the drive, sorting out the spare car and getting the alternator out of mine.  It's a really good job that I have a great Dad with a spare car, and a fab boyfriend to get the alternator fixed.  Now it's had a refurb we should be able to put it back on tomorrow, and I'll be back to my normal car (although a little lighter in the pocket 😡).

Other than the car, it's been another straightforward week, with very little really going on that's much to discuss.  It's mostly been a week of planning,  preparation and CPD.

Over the bank holiday weekend the Canoe club is having a stand at the Bewdley Bike Jam, to raise awareness of the club in the area and potentially gather some new members.  This meant the committee had to meet to discuss what we were going to do with this stand, how it would be manned and so on.  A night of cheese and biscuits was planned for, and it was a good opportunity for the committe members to get together and discuss a couple of other club items, including an upcoming trip to Saunton.  The club is organising for it's members (plus family) to go to Saunton for a weekend camping, kayaking and genral merry making.  It promises to be a nice weekend and I can't wait to go, adding to the practice I need for the Alps, and getting to know some more of the club memebers a little better.

This weekend is set to be a busy one for me.  I have a full day of teaching on Sunday, all at one yard like a clinic.  They have a selection of riders at different abilities on different kinds of horses.  I've been watching the video clips they've sent through, so that I can make a plan that will benefit them all in their individual sessions.  It's the first time I've taught a full day of back to back lessons in this way (I usually have to drive between lessons) so I've got a cue card for each rider, with a few points about them, and a couple of observations I've made from the video.  I have an exercise plan ready which is adaptable to all levels of rider on the day, so I won't be wasting any time between sessions moving poles and jump wings around.  I have my fleece and hat with my logo on ready, and I'll have some business cards in my pocket too.  I've got rider registration forms for them all too, as new students have to fill these out for insurance pruposes.... I think I'm all set for the day.

I'm very excited about Sunday for two reasons.  Firstly it's going to be great to meet a bunch of new horses and riders and make a diffeence to them, their partnerships and their progress together.  But it also holds the potential to give my business a bit of boost,  as it's 7 new riders that will hopefully go away and tell their friends.  Now I just have to pray that the ground isn't too slippery after all this rain!

In between the planning I've been getting up to date with a bit of CPD.  I try to keep a list or pile of books and magazines to read, and whenever I've got a little time to spare I'll sit and read something.  Whether it's enough time to go through a whole magazine over a coffee at the yard or a chapter or two of the latest book I'm going through, I'm trying to make the most of any 'down time'.  Now that I've got a bigger client base it's getting more important to plan my time and make the most of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you?

Hey!  How are you?  Once again, it's been a while.  Since I last wrote on here almost a year ago, so much has transpired.  Just the las...